Saturday, October 14, 2017

Timeline update

First off, about Twitter:

I did just create a twitter account to help promote Neostriker. I don't really have any plans to use it much more than the facebook page, but I figure it is easier to do some promotions and make some contacts. Don't hesitate to follow at @JDNyle

Second, Publication Plan:

I'm going to order a proof for Neostriker: Shining. A proof is sort of like a pre-published copy. This is so I can see how the book appears in physical form. If this goes well, then I'll technically be ready for publication.

There are still two things that I do need to figure out before publication. First is which copyright date to put on the book. I'm trying to get a hold of the copyright office to take care of that. Second is trademark. I want to make sure no one can prevent me from using the Neostriker brand later on, but I also don't want my identity to be public information. So I'm trying to contact the US Patent and Trademark office about what my options are.

As for cover art, I gave my artist a timeline. He thinks he can make it. I did a cover draft using the trial piece he gave me and I think it worked. So I have hope that whatever he makes will work. If he cannot produce anything good, I have a backup plan to use a photograph. I was originally thinking about using something else, but when I found the photo, I figured that it actually was fairly appropriate. I'll see how it looks when the proof arrives.

Expected release date is now December 1st, 2017! Yay! I hope for everything to go well so that I can make this date.

Pricing: $12.

I tried for $10 but the publisher wouldn't let me. Apparently this is because I want to have the book available for libraries and schools as well. However, maybe I can still get it to $10 for the kindle version. I'll have to wait until I'm closer to actually publishing before I find out.

The book itself is estimated at 284 pages. Over 20 pages is new content (1 tiny, bonus "episode" and 2 appendices). It has also been edited and reviewed by a professional so it should be higher quality than the draft posted on this blog (to be fair, it was only 1 session so don't get your hopes up too high). I hope you will all buy a copy, enjoy it, and tell your friends. I'm so excited that it's almost time. I can't wait to finally hold a copy in my hands.

Dream on,
J. D. Nyle

P. S. about the game thing I mentioned before. I bought a course about how to create a games. It's over 48 hours of material so I'm not sure how long it will take me to actually go through it. I will definitely need the support of my wife before starting this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment