Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October 2017 update

Something I realized is that it is not too important to have cover art. I wanted the cover art to help sell the book, but this has resulted in waiting for well over a year with no one providing even a draft for me to view. As a result, I'm thinking I will just publish the book without art. If I can get good art, then I can republish later, but the main purpose of the book is so that it's easier to read and so that the physical book exists. Whether it has art or not, I'll be extremely happy to be finally holding one.

In the other areas, I'm contemplating shifting focus for a short time. Something I've always wanted to do, and the reason why Neostriker exists in the first place, is to make a video game. Since I do not have all of the various skills and resources, I keep putting it off. I tried to make a demo in Unity last year, but had trouble getting the turn based system to work. However, my head started swarming with ideas again and I figure that I can do some faux coding where I plan out the classes, gameplay, and progression. That way when I find an engine, I can more quickly write the code. Of course now I just need to find the time.

J. D. Nyle

No comments:

Post a Comment