Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Concerning My Legacy

What will happen to Neostriker after I am gone? This is something that has worried me for a long while. Based off what I've seen around me concerning those who inherit stuff, I've decided that I need to declare some conditions. The first in line to claim rights to the Neostriker property will indeed be my family (wife then descendants unless I dictate another). However, all those who inherit my works and Intellectual Property must agree to these conditions or they forfeit all rights.

  1. The characters and all works regarding Neostriker must be in line with Roman Catholic Moral Teaching. In my research, the Roman Catholic Church is the only one whose positions have not really changed despite cultural and political pressure. All Christian sects have changed their morality over time, but the Roman Church appears to have been a strong constant. And so I judge that these moral teachings are the best constant I have surviving my death. To make things more clear, look at the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Nothing in there that is said to be evil can be promoted through Neostriker.
  2. No company that directly opposes the Moral Teachings of the Roman Catholic may publish Neostriker content. The only exception would be if ALL proceeds go to the Roman Catholic Church wherever it is based or to feeding the poor directly (not through any third-party organizations or charities). In other words, those sort of publishing companies cannot make any money from such a deal.
  3. Licensed products cannot be made in countries where abortion is forced by the government. That includes present-day China.
  4. Only one person at a time may hold the rights to the property
  5. All future inheritors must abide to all of the conditions or forfeit their rights.
  6. The stories I have written must stay as is. Nothing added, nothing subtracted.

Failure to abide by these conditions will automatically transfer the rights to the Roman Catholic Church wherever it is based. In that case, the pope will need to approve of any publication or licensing agreement. While I know there is corruption there just like everywhere, my logic is that it would then be next to impossible to release anything official that opposes my moral views. You might think it's bad that I would be constricting my stories from "evolving" but I rather keep it the same than to promote what I would consider evil within my lifetime. After all, these stories do in part represent ideas I have and I rather these ideas not be corrupted. If they are wrong, then so be it. I can at least rest assured that they were not wrong out of malicious intent as I am committed to finding Good.

Now, I do have a method for my family, should one of them end up being worthy, to regain the rights to the property. If one member can prove he or she is line with the Roman Catholic Church's Moral Teachings, then he or she may regain control of the property but still must abide to the conditions above. Failure in any part will start the cycle again and the rights shall be transferred back to the Roman Catholic Church.

J. D. Nyle

No comments:

Post a Comment