Monday, July 31, 2017

Neostriker's Mascot and Logo

There is not much to update on this month in terms of book progress as I am still waiting for the final draft of the book cover art. However, one thing I have realized is the importance of having a mascot. When I thought about what I would like my mascot to be, I was tempted to pick Sunflare, the legendary bird. However, when it comes down to simplicity of drawing, as well as what I like to draw a lot, I decided the fox was the best candidate. When I reflected more, it became even more evident that the fox was my favorite.

There were two parallel paths to developing Neostriker that eventually converged. One was the Legend of Zelda and Mega Man hybrid while the other was Digimon and Pokemon clone. In the second path, the first non-Digimon and non-Pokemon creature I can recall making was a fox based off a stuffed animal I received somewhere. In fact, that fox still sits upon my desk as it was one of my favorite toys and I look at it almost every day. Coincidentally in Shining, the first "real" creature you encounter is the fox.

Here is a quick drawing of the fox mascot, Lumecyx.

The shape outline is also important because I made it roughly to be the design I had for the logo long ago, but I thought if I drew the fox in the shape, it would look more appealing.


As for the design, it was a simple thing that I thought looked pretty. Occasionally I thought of it like an ocean wave. This made it nice to integrate with the general sun crest which I figured would be the Nellenion crest

That's all I have for this month. Hopefully the cover art will be completed in time for the next update.

J. D. Nyle

No comments:

Post a Comment