Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Crusader Issue

    I find it interesting how we condemn crusades because of the evils the crusaders did by pillaging the local villages but that is a common theme in video games. For some reason, as the "hero" the player must rob the locals possessions in order to obtain money or the best equipment. Why is this in the design and plot?
    We must, however, take into consideration how can a "hero" act when traveling long distances to face an evil? At some point, I want to explore that theme in a story. It will likely only be partially addressed in the next book though maybe I find some room to explore it further.
    What do you think? It's an awkward situation as your intent is certainly not evil, but you definitely require some goods in order to progress in your travels. Also, when time is against you, it's hard to do enough work to earn the money you need. If you have any ideas, I'll be glad to hear them and maybe I'll even apply them in my storyline.

J. D. Nyle

No comments:

Post a Comment